- - Studies have also shown that Methionine may be effective in preventing hair loss and baldness as well as increasing the growth rate of hair
- - Provides hair shaft with necessary proteins to grow
- - May also enhance the hair's natural shine and luster by strengthening the hair shaft and smoothing the hair cuticle
Methionine is an essential amino acid in the body. These amino acids are known as essential because they are required to make proteins in the body. Methionine is not synthesized by the human body and therefore needs to be ingested through diet. This essential amino acid is found in eggs, some nuts, and meat in varying quantities. Most fruit and vegetables contain very small amounts of Methionine and therefore those with a vegetarian diet many need Methionine supplements.
Methionine is essential to normal hair growth, and is one of only four amino acids that provide Sulfur to the hair shaft. Sulfur is essential for the body to make keratin, which is the key protein that comprises the hair shaft. Studies have also shown that Methionine may be effective in preventing hair loss and baldness as well as increasing the growth rate of hair. Methionine may also enhance the hair's natural shine and luster by strengthening the hair shaft and smoothing the hair cuticle. Increasing the amount of Methionine in the diet can also encourage strong nails and smooth skin.
Methionine is one of three amino acids that are responsible for manufacturing the protein creatine which is a compound essential for building muscle and providing energy to the body. In its simplest form Methionine assists in the breakdown of fats in the body and helps prevent blood vessels from becoming clogged with cholesterol. Methionine also supports the digestive system and enables the body to perform a number of liver functions. It is also essential to the production of Cysteine in the body, which has a number of important functions. Some studies also suggest that Methionine is an amino acid with an important role in memory and concentration with a deficiency in Methionine being linked with dementia in some studies.
each serving of toji pure density contains methionine, and is manufactured in the USA at a FDA inspected cGMP facility that has an "A" rating (the highest possible) from the national nutritional foods association. we stand behind our product and offer a 100% money back guarantee for up to 3 bottles if you don't experience healthier hair that grows faster, thicker, and stronger hair.
1. Barger, G.; Weichselbaum, T. E. (1934), "dl-Methionine", Org. Synth. 14: 58; Coll. Vol. 2: 384. Retrieved June 2012
2. Toborek M, Hennig B. Is methionine an atherogenic amino acid?J Optimal Nutr 1994;3:80–3. Retrieved June 2012
3. McAuley DF, Hanratty CG, McGurk C, et al. Effect of methionine supplementation on endothelial function, plasma homocysteine, and lipid peroxidation. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 1999;37:435–40. Retrieved June 2012